Some millions of women have uterine fibroids in the U.S. Many people think that these uterine fibroids have a connection with uterine cancer, but this isn’t true. Fibroids may not show any symptoms in some cases. In some cases, it may show symptoms like back pain, excessive bleeding during periods, etc. Smaller fibroids do not require treatment. If you have larger fibroids, taking the treatment is essential.
Otherwise, you may experience several complications in the future. Larger fibroids can be treated with surgery or medications. Your OB or GYN will first try to treat your condition with medications. If the medications don’t work, your OB or GYN may suggest surgery. For fibroids Garden City treatment, you could approach the OB/GYN of Women’s Health Care.
If you ignore the treatment for large fibroids, you may experience abnormal bleeding, resulting in anemia.
Here are some common symptoms of fibroids that you must be aware of.
- Leg pain
- Severe Backache
- Abnormal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Frequent urination
When you must see an OB or GYN?
If you experience the following, you must see an OB or GYN immediately.
- Unable to empty your bladder.
- Constant pelvic pain.
- Painful periods.
- Severe bleeding from your vagina.
- Severe pelvic pain.
What causes the uterine fibroids?
Research is still going on to find the causes of uterine fibroids. However, there are some factors that can increase the risk of uterine fibroids. I have mentioned some of them here now.
- If any of your family members, like your sister, mother, and grandmother, have uterine fibroids, you are more likely to experience the same problem.
- According to research, vitamin D deficiency can also increase the risk of uterine fibroids.
- Obesity and eating more red meat can also increase the risk of fibroids.
Even though it is not possible to prevent fibroids, following the below ways can help you reduce the risk of fibroids.
- Include more greens in your diet regularly. Green leafy vegetables are good for your entire body.
- Following a good sleep routine can also reduce the risk of fibroids. Avoid sleeping late at night.
- Drink more water every day, as it helps in flushing out the toxins from your body. Keeping your body hydrated can prevent various health problems.
- Exercise every day. It helps by improving the blood circulation in your body. As a result, all your body parts work well.
Contact the best OB/GYN in New York today for the treatment of fibroids!