Are you having mood swings along with acne? Or you’re having trouble getting pregnant or experiencing irregular menstrual periods? Maybe you’ve noticed thinning hair on your scalp as well! When your symptoms seem to pile up and you can’t seem to figure out what’s going on, you should know that polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS) is the culprit here.
PCOS affects a woman’s ovaries, the reproductive organs that produce oestrogen and progesterone – hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle.Its three main features are:
- Cysts in the ovaries (polycystic ovaries)
- High levels of male hormones
- Irregular or skipped periods
Polycystic ovary syndrome symptoms
Some women start seeing PCOS signs and symptomsaround the time of their first period. The most common symptomsare:
- Irregular periods: Women with PCOS get fewer than eight period cycles a year.
- Heavy bleeding: The periods you do get can be heavier than usual.
- Excess hair growth (Hirsutism): Women with this condition grow hair on their face and body – including on their back, belly, and chest.
- Acne: Male hormones can make the skin oilier than normal and cause breakouts on areas like the face, chest, and upper back.
- Male pattern baldness: Hair on the scalp gets thinner and fall out.
How to deal with these signs and symptoms?
- Practice yoga: Practicing yoga 35-40 minutes a day, 5 times a week, may help regulate hormones and menstrual cycles.
- Stay hydrated: If you bleed heavily for a few days, your blood volume could get too low. Drinking 4-6 extra cups of water each day can help to maintain your blood volume.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Women who are overweight are also more likely to have irregular periods and experience heavier bleeding and pain than women who are at a healthy weight. This is due to the impact that fat cells have on hormones and insulin. If you suspect your weight may be affecting your menstrual periods, talk to your homeopathic doctor. He/she can help you identify a healthy target weight and come up with a weight loss or gain strategy.
How homeopathy treats PCOS effectively?
Homeopathic remedies work on correcting the hormonal imbalance, regularizing ovulation as well as restoring menstrual normalcy. Homeopathy helps to treat PCOS signs and symptomsefficiently without any side-effects. And this makes homeopathy the most preferred and safest PCOS treatment.
When to see a doctor
You’ll likely experience some irregularity in your periods at some point in your life. You won’t always need to see a doctor for this symptom. You should see your doctor if:
- Your period suddenly becomes irregular
- You haven’t had your periods for three months
- Your periods are unusually heavy or painful
- Your periods last longer than a week
It’s ideal to treat your polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD) before it’s too late! A homeopathic doctor will evaluate your case history and put together an individualized treatment plan.