In medical terminology, breast augmentation is defined as a surgical procedure that artificially enlarges the breast by increasing the size, shape, and fullness. During the process of breast augmentation, a prosthesis i.e. a silicone bag is made inserted either under the breast or under the muscles of the chest. Breast augmentation can be done with the help of either sub-mammary or the chest muscles. Breast augmentation is otherwise called as augmentation mammoplasty. Many hospitals are offering this like breast augmentation in Yanhee Hospital (เสริมหน้าอกยันฮี, which is the term in Thai).
How breast augmentation is done?
- The surgeon does the breast augmentation by placing the inserts like the implants under the breast or the chest muscle.
- The implant that the surgeon inserts consist of a bag like a thing and that is filled with material like either saline or silicone.
- The silicone implant is a widely used one.
- The surgeon cuts the desired place and inserts the implant through the cut. There are many approached to breast augmentation process and the surgeon can perform using any one of them depending on the conditions of the patient.
The different approaches are:
- The surgeon can insert the implant through the cut or incision made under the breast.
- Placing the implant through the Aerola is another approach to breast augmentation where the implant is inserted through the areola which is the dark region near the nipple. This is a bit risky approach since it may cause problems during breastfeeding.
- The other way is to insert the implant via a cut through the arm. The surgeon uses a tool called an endoscope to insert the implant via the arm.
- The other approach is placing the saline implant via the belly button. The implant is slowly made to move up into the breast area using the tool called an endoscope. Get your breast lump removed today at Thomson Medical.
Why is breast augmentation done?
Breast augmentation is usually suggested or opted for the following reasons:
- To improve the aesthetic appearance.
- Most of the mother’s loose breast size after breastfeeding. So, to restore this, mothers opt for breast augmentation.
- Most of the doctors suggest augmentation mammoplasty if the patients have undergone breast surgeries especially in the case of breast tumors.
There could be various other reasons why people opt for breast augmentation.
Types Of Implants:
The types of implants that can be used for augmentation mammoplasty are:
- Silicone Implant.
- Saline Implant.
- Silicone Gel-Filled Implants.
- Other Alternative Composite Implants.